Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

My Busy Week

A few of weeks ago, I got called by a former client, who was ready to sell the home I'd sold them a few years before.  It's always gratifying to get a call like that - after all, if they didn't think I did a good job for them when they bought their house, they'd hardly call me to sell it, right?  To make it even better, they told me they had decided when they bought their home that they'd call me when they wanted to sell.

The odd thing about this call was, it was the THIRD call from a former client I received THAT Day!  That's right, three people who bought homes from between 2007 and 2009 called me on the same day.  I made arrangements with each of them to go look at their house and give them advice on pricing, as well as how best to market their home. As it turns out, all of them needed a bit of time to get their house ready for market - they all worked like crazy over the weekend, and I listed all three last Monday.

The Lincoln real estate market is strong right now - there is a shortage of quality listings on the market, and buyers are active.  By Friday night, all three of my new listings were sold, and one of my sellers had already written up a contract on a new home.  A second seller is still looking, but will probably buy a home in the next week or two.  In addition, I sold two lots, which will turn into a pair of town homes (one of which is already sold!), and listed another new construction town home that is just getting started.  All in all, my week was one of the best - and busiest - since I started selling real estate.

I know I'll never be this busy all the time - and who would want to?  I don't mind working late when I need to, but I certainly don't want to do that every day.  When it happens once in a while, it's great fun.  Now, I'm taking a week off.  I don't need to feel guilty - I got enough done this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment